CONNOLLY DAM: Anglers fishing from the bank landed a few better fish, with some big Silver Perch being landed on worms. Anglers fishing the weed also landed a few Golden Perch on shrimps and yabbies. Anglers trolling TN60 Jackalls from their kayaks along the western bank reported on Golden Perch being landed over the weekend.
RIVERS AND CREEKS: The
saw a few more fish
being landed than last week, particularly for the lure anglers. A local angler caught and released a legal
sized Murray Cod upstream of the O O Madsen Bridge on a Stumpjumper. Anglers also reported on a few more Golden Perch
being landed between the Mill Hole and Warwick High on spinnerbaits and
mumblers. Anglers fishing in the Condamine
River and Pratten
areas reported in the Golden Perch being quite active, with spinnerbaits being
the lure of choice. Lyndhurst
Live Target Field Mouse
- Imitates a field mouse scurrying across lily pads and grass mats.
- Perfect for Murray Cod stalking in heavy cover.
- Custom double hook.
- Soft plastic.
- Excellent hook-up ratios.
- Easy to walk.
- ICAST "Best of Show" winner 2011.
· Create a walking action using a twitch, pause, wind-like retrieve. Concentrate on twitching the line (3' in front of rod tip vs twitching the lure).
· Pop / Chug the lure using a twitch, wind-like retrieve.
· Cast the lure into lilly pads, over grass mats and other vegetation.
· Look to pull the lure over open holes in the cover.